For the Senior Community
Since 2002, Better Business Bureau of Southern Piedmont has worked to prevent consumer and financial exploitation of older adults due to their vulnerability to fraudulent activity and unethical business practices.
Educational and informational programs and services are offered through our Consumer Fraud Awareness Program and include:
- Education – Programs with information on consumer fraud prevention is presented to small group.
- Outreach – Participation at local events, agency/health fairs, and conferences where helpful information may be distributed.
Events – Aimed at older adults, professionals, and caregivers, these free, educational events offer information from federal, state, and local government officials on current marketplace activities, unethical business practices, and techniques to avoid becoming a victim of consumer fraud.
- Shredding Events –Yearly opportunities are offered for the shredding of paper and electronic documents in a safe and secure environment.
- Information – Resource material, website information, newsletters, general advice guides and brochures are available on a variety of consumer topics, current marketplace activity, and consumer fraud prevention.
- Complaint Processing and Alternate Dispute Resolution (mediation and arbitration) – Filing a complaint allows BBB the opportunity to assist consumers in resolving disputes and provides BBB with information related to marketplace practices.
- Dedicated Staff – BBB staff is available to assist with questions or concerns related to consumer fraud and marketplace issues by calling 704-927-8611 during regular business hours.