For our Active Military, Veterans, Reservists, and their Families
Since 2013, Better Business Bureau of Southern Piedmont has been dedicated to ensuring that our military communities are provided with resources to assist them in the areas of financial literacy and consumer fraud protection.
Our Consumer Fraud Awareness Program includes:
- Education – Programs are delivered on financial readiness and consumer fraud prevention.
- Outreach – Participation at local events, agency/health fairs, and conferences where helpful information may be distributed and questions may be answered.
- Information – Resource material, website information, newsletters, and general advice provides important information on current marketplace activity and consumer fraud prevention.
- Events – Educational events are offered on marketplace activity, consumer fraud prevention, and financial awareness.
Shredding Events – Yearly opportunities are offered for the shredding of paper and electronic documents in a safe and secure environment.
- Complaint Processing and Alternate Dispute Resolution (mediation and arbitration) – Filing a complaint allows BBB the opportunity to assist military consumers in resolving disputes and provides BBB with information related to marketplace practices.
- Dedicated Staff – BBB staff is available to assist with questions or concerns related to consumer fraud and marketplace issues by calling 704-927-8611 during regular business hours.