For the Spanish-Speaking Community
Since 2002, Better Business Bureau of Southern Piedmont has been working to ensure that our Spanish-speaking community is provided with resources and tools to assist individuals in avoiding marketplace victimization as well as empowering them for future marketplace decisions.
Our Consumer Fraud Awareness Program includes:
- Education – Programs are delivered on financial readiness and consumer fraud prevention.
- Outreach – Participation at local events, agency/health fairs, and conferences where helpful information may be distributed and questions may be answered.
- Information – Resource material, website information, newsletters, and general advice provides important information on current marketplace activity and consumer fraud prevention.
- Events – Educational events are offered on marketplace activity, consumer fraud prevention, and financial awareness.
- Shredding Events – Yearly opportunities are offered for the shredding of paper and electronic documents in a safe and secure environment.
- Dedicated Telephone Line 704.927.8639 – Access to a telephone line leading directly to our BBB Bilingual Outreach Specialist.
- Dedicated Staff – BBB has three bilingual staff prepared to assist individual within the Spanish-speaking community. Please call 704-927-8611 during regular business hours.
- Complaint Processing and Alternate Dispute Resolution (mediation and arbitration) – Filing a complaint allows BBB the opportunity to assist Spanish-speaking consumers in resolving disputes and provides BBB with information related to marketplace practices.